Termoneeny Community Association is a rural based community group working to better the lives of its local community. Our centre is purpose built and based in the village of Gulladuff just off the main A6 Belfast/Derry Corridor approx seven miles from Magherafelt and three miles from Maghera. The facility is staffed by a mix of qualified paid employees and volunteers.
We provide outstanding support and facilities to the whole community with strong emphasis/support for both the young and the old through a range of social and recreational activities. The centre is open every day and runs classes such as Young at Heart, mothers and toddlers groups, fitness classes for the young to fight obesity such as Kid’s Spin and Teen Gym, together with nutrition awareness.
Other groups that use our facilities include local Stroke Survivors group, GP referral system with local doctors, M.S. Society, N.I Parkinson’s and other additional needs groups.
Our gym/fitness suite is a huge success in that it is one of the few Inclusive Fitness Suites in N Ireland – which caters for the needs of disabled and non – disabled people.
A lot of our groups get great benefit from this facility.
Objectives of Termoneeny Community Association
The Association is established to relieve poverty, sickness and the aged and to promote the benefits of the inhabitants of the Parish of Lavey and surrounding areas (hereinafter called the “area of benefit”) without distinction of age, gender, sexuality, nationality, ethnic origin, political or religious opinion, by associating with statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and the inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupations with the objective of improving conditions of the life for the said inhabitants and for the protection of the built, cultural and natural heritage of the area.
In furtherance of the above objects, but not further or otherwise, the Association may:
- Provide or secure the provision of social services, recreational facilities and practical assistance for elderly people and people with disabilities within the area of benefit;
- Assist in the maintenance of premises and facilities designed to carry out the objects of the association;
- Promote and carry out, or assist in promoting and carrying out research, surveys and investigations and publish the useful results therefof;
- Organise or assist in organising meetings, lectures, classes and exhibitions, and publish or assist in publishing reports, periodicals, recording, books or other documents or information;
- Obtain, collect and receive money by way of grants, donations, bequests, legacies or other lawful methods, provided that the Association shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities and shall conform to any relevant requirements of the law;
- Purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any real or personal property and any rights and privileges necessary for the promotion of the above objectives and construct, maintain and alter any buildings or erections which the Association may think necessary for the promotion of its objectives;
- Make any regulations for any property which may be so required;
- Subject to any consents as may be required by law, sell, let, mortgage, dispose of or turn to account all or any of the property or assets of the Association with a view to the furtherance of its objectives;
- Subject to such consents as may be required by law receive money on deposit or loan and borrow or raise money in such a manner as the Association shall think fit and to charge all or any part of the property of the Association with repayment of money so borrowed;
- Invest the monies of the Association not immediately required for the furtherance of the said objectives in or upon such investments, securities or property as may be thought fit, subject nevertheless to such conditions (if any) as may for the time being be imposed or required by law;
- Recruit and train volunteers with relevant skills to carry out the objects of the Association.
- Employ and pay any person or persons, not being a member of Committee to supervise, organise, and carry on the work of the Association and make all reasonable and necessary provision for the payment of remuneration to employees.
- Promote and organise co-operation in the achievement of the above objects and to that end work in association with the local authorities and voluntary organisations engaged in the furtherance of the above objects in the area of benefit.
- Establish or support any charitable trusts, associations or institutions formed for all or any of the above objects.
- Petition, canvass and make representation to any statutory body, local authority, government department, Government Minister or any other body or person in furtherance of the above objects in the area of benefit.